In addition to the launch of Atwell Suites, InterContinental Hotels Group shared the next phase of design prototypes for brands Holiday Inn, Staybridge Suites and Candlewood Suites.
ATLANTA (May 15, 2019) — InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG®), one of the world’s leading global hotel companies, unveiled its latest brand updates and innovations to its mainstream hotel owners this week. During its 2019 Americas Investors and Leadership Conference in Las Vegas, IHG shared the next phase of design prototypes for Holiday Inn®, Staybridge Suites® and Candlewood Suites®.
Heather Balsley, Senior Vice President, Global Marketing Mainstream Brands, IHG, said: “We are continually evolving and investing in our brands, and at the center of our latest enhancements sits extensive customer research and close collaboration with our owners. This is crucial to delivering brand experiences that fit the ever-evolving needs of mainstream travelers and drive performance for our hotel owners. As these new prototypes start rolling out across the market, we know they will take guest satisfaction and brand strength to the next level.”
As an industry icon, Holiday Inn continues to innovate the guest experience through H4 Design. Launched in 2017, this flexible solution empowers guests to adapt the space to meet their individual needs and is a brand standard for all new hotel openings, conversions and hotels undergoing renovations.
This week, the brand introduced the H4 prototype, an evolution of H4 Design, which provides owners with a more modern and efficient building that flexes to meet the needs of individual markets, including:
- Flexible, open public spaces that allow guests to be productive while maintaining their connection to the wider social environment.
- Multiple restaurant concepts which can be tailored to the available space, allowing for flexibility while offering guests high quality dining in an inviting environment.
- Adaptable meeting space which can be quickly and easily adjusted to the needs of both business and leisure groups.
- Welcoming guest room design including thoughtful touches to ensure a great night’s sleep, abundant power and connectivity points, and the signature “Welcome Nook” that provides multi-functional storage so guests can unpack in a way that works for them.
Both of IHG’s extended stay brands, Staybridge Suites and Candlewood Suites, also unveiled prototypes and interior design solutions for new build hotels and properties going through renovations. These have been designed to help create an inviting space for guests while maintaining a cost per key for hotel owners that is in line with the previous prototype.
The new design solution for Staybridge Suites, Generation 7.0, will roll out in October 2019 and includes:
- A new exterior design with a front porch to create a more vibrant sense of arrival.
- A reimagined public space designed to create a wide-open sense of arrival with shared workspaces, areas to socialize, more seating, a breakfast space that seamlessly transitions to a comfortable lounge area, and stronger connection to the outdoor space.
- Updated suites with distinct zones for working, relaxing and sleeping, ample storage options, contemporary kitchens and furniture that is easy to move so that guests can easily make the space their own.
Candlewood Suites revealed a new brand logo alongside its new design program, Beacon 4.0. Starting this summer, the logo will appear on all new hotel openings, refurbished hotels and across marketing platforms. This is ahead of the full Beacon 4.0 roll out, which will commence in December 2019.
While updating the public spaces and hotel exterior, the brand is introducing significant changes to the guest suites to better meet the changing needs of extended stay travelers, including:
- A distinctive building exterior that delivers storefront windows that let in more natural light and an updated Gazebo Grill with bar-like seating.
- An open and modern lobby with spacious communal areas offering a variety of seating; and a refreshed Candlewood Cupboard – the 24-hour market – which is now integrated into the lobby itself.
- Enhanced comfort in the guest suites featuring the brand’s signature recliner, larger TVs, twice as much storage, contemporary kitchens and easy-to-move end tables with integrated cupholders.
- A signature “welcome perch” in the one-bedroom suites where guests can immediately begin the process of settling in by dropping their bags or taking off their shoes.
The above is a news release written by a third party. While HNN’s editorial mission is to produce unique content, it occasionally publishes timely, newsworthy news releases to complement in-house reporting efforts. All news releases are clearly marked as such. For questions and clarification, please contact Editorial Director Stephanie Ricca at email@example.com.