Marriott’s Sorenson on loyalty integration, innovation

Marriott’s Sorenson on loyalty integration, innovation
02 APRIL 2018 8:33 AM

Marriott International President and CEO Arne Sorenson spoke with Hotel News Now during the recent Hunter Hotel Conference to discuss the latest happenings at his company.

ATLANTA—One of the largest promised benefits of Marriott International’s acquisition of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide is close to becoming a reality as Marriott officials claim they’re nearing an unveiling for a wholly unified loyalty platform.

Marriott President and CEO Arne Sorenson met up with Hotel News Now during the recent Hunter Hotel Conference to talk about the latest in relation to the new loyalty platform, along with other topics including the company’s approach to innovation and other benefits realized from the merger.

While still mum on what the joint loyalty program will look like exactly, Sorenson said the sense of optimism around it will be well deserved.

“Obviously, we’ve got three communities we want to make sure we’re focused on: The guests being the most important, but we’ve got our hotel owners, as well, and of course Marriott’s own involvement in this program,” he said. “What we think we can do is deliver even more value to our guests.”

Watch the full interview below:

6 Comments

• Tom April 5, 2018 1:55 PM Reply

I have over 1,500 nights with SPG and I am a LifeTime Platinum. I need to know if I will remain in Status. And will the current Ambassador Service with SPG remain in place for those of us who routinely stay over 100 nights per year at SPG locations?

• Tom April 5, 2018 1:55 PM Reply

• Kaylana April 6, 2018 10:25 PM Reply

Hats off to wheover wrote this up and posted it.

• Kassie April 7, 2018 2:13 AM Reply

God, I feel like I sholud be takin notes! Great work

• Kassie April 7, 2018 2:13 AM Reply

God, I feel like I sholud be takin notes! Great work

• Mimosa April 20, 2018 10:52 PM Reply

It's a plreause to find someone who can think so clearly

Comments that include blatant advertisements or links to products or company websites will be removed to avoid instances of spam. Also, comments that include profanity, lewdness, personal attacks, solicitations or advertising, or other similarly inappropriate or offensive comments or material will be removed from the site. You are fully responsible for the content you post. The opinions expressed in comments do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hotel News Now or its parent company, STR and its affiliated companies. Please report any violations to our editorial staff.